Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Last Night at Home


Well, it's my little girl's last night at home before heading off to college. This picture is what she looked like 18 years ago. Wasn't she just too cute! :-)

We wanted to go out for dinner to celebrate, but everywhere was just too busy. So we ended up at McDonald's. Oh what fun. :-P

I spent the day working on garb. I finished up my Roman garb. It's okay. Not quite what I wanted but that's me. Then I got started on making some garb for this reign. I made a purple jacket and have since decided that I need yellow linen to make a dress to wear underneath it. So, now I have a reason to go shopping for fabric! :-) Until that time, I need to decide on a pattern for my inkle woven trim and the colors and get started on that. I need to make three lengths of it just for the coat, alone. And when I get the yellow linen, I'm going to make matching trim for that. And I have to make a hat yet. Not quite sure which hat style to make.

So tomorrow we're taking Aly off to college. That will be a day long event. Help her unpack, take some parent workshops and then do dinner with her before heading home. Unless she wants to get rid of us earlier. And of course I'll be taking pictures. :-) Monday we might be heading over to Lucan and Jana's for the afternoon. Depends on what the weather is like. If it's really good weather, we might just stay home and get some yard work done. We'll have to see. We might get going in the morning and get a bunch done, so we won't feel guilty going to L&J's for the afternoon.

Well, I better get back to working on the trim. Hubby is watching Porky's. "Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?" hee hee hee Something for me to listen to while I string my inkle loom. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home