Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Another New Favorite - Cow Tippin'





I wanted to share two of my favorite pictures of Frances from this summer. The one in the middle, Pensive, I was trying to get a nice picture to hang up at our house. She would not look at me. lol But then I think that's when I get some of more interesting pictures. Like the first picture, I call that one Baby in the Leaves - I could not get her to look at me, leaves were far more interesting. :-) In the end, I got that picture, which is one of the best pictures I've ever taken. The last picture (Concentration) is Frances, ignoring me yet again because I wanted to take her picture and she wanted to watch the new DVD I brought her. She definitely is a single-minded little girl. Don't distract her when she's concetrating. I was playing around with the colors and tried the B&W, it works with the slightly out of focus fuzziness of the picture. So, when I order pics I'll be getting one of Pensive and one of Concentration. :-)

So, this morning I was working on the banking and cleaning up the desk (does it ever stay clean?) and I put on my new CD - The Little Willies. http://www.emimusic.ca/thelittlewillies/ Norah Jones is one of favorite singers. I just love this mix of sound on the CD - a bit on country, a bit earthy, a little bluesy, I don't know how to define it. Anyhow, sitting her enjoying the music when the last song came on, Lou Reed. Oh lordy! That song is hilarious! You can listen to it on the website. Pay close attention to the words. Cow tippin'. LOL!

It's raining again. Guess today will be spent working on things in the house. Like re-organizing the laundry room, then the storage room. Argh. But we need to do it so that we can get the furnace cleaned and the oil line moved (it currently runs under the concrete, stupid, figured we'd move it before something happens in the middle of winter and we don't have heat). Then of course I need to work on our garb for Coronation. Plus sew some stuff for Aly before she goes away to school in a week! Yikes. Wow that is coming up fast. Jacquie starts school on Monday.

Back to cleaning this office. :-P

2 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

what amazing photos - I love the b&w one.

This blogging stuff is extremely cool.

Can't wait to see you at Coronation.

m

9:23 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

What a cutie! Did you take these pics? Very artistic sis...

Miss ya!

hugs!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home