Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cleaning-Shmeaning, Blech


This picture was taken at Penssic last year for Rozakii Dinner Night. A bunch of friends and Rozakii. It's good to have one time at War where family and friends try to get together. Everything is so chaotic and crazy that finding that time can be hard. We didn't get a picture this year because it was hammering down with rain. Made dinner interesting - the roar of rain made sitting under the bumble very LOUD. But as usual the food was delicious! (Way to go Kiki and Sven!)

My house is a mess. But do I want to clean? No. I get a reprieve for the morning because I get to go hang out with three kids and play! Babysitting the twins and their sister for 3 hours. The boys just turned 3 years old. And M is going to kindergarten this week. So we'll have lots ot talk about, I'm sure. Cause man can these kids talk! lol It's fun.

But this afternoon will be cleaning time. Get it done so that we can start sewing projects. Nightgown for Aly to take to college, maybe a pair of lounge pants if there is enough material left, start on my Scythian garb, work on my unicorn project. I need to find some material for both parts to that. Might need to make a trip to the fabric store. Dresden told me about one in Colchester. That would be such a shame to have to go fabric shopping tomorrow. Such a shame. :-D

Over the last two days I scrapbooked 4 pages of Aly's graduation and 2 pages of her senior prom. One more scrapbooking project out of the way! I think I will be working on our mini vacation to Maryland and D.C. this past Spring as the next project. One of these days I should do up a project list. At least I got my books done of my grandmother's pictures. That was a big project! Aly has been scrapbooking her Senior Memories - Graduation, Grad Night, Senior Picnic, Prom and I think she has pictures from the beach left to do.

Speaking of Aly we need to go get some boxes for her to pack stuff. Some of it to pack up the extra stuff laying around her room, the other boxes for stuff that's going to College with her. I can't believe that she's leaving in 5 days. Wow!

Jacquie started her Fall classes at Tunxis. She really likes her teachers and thinks her classes are going to be good. Especially her marketing class. :-)

Okay, just realized how late it was and I need to leave in 7 minutes to babysit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

What a great photo. I love group pics - one big family.

Good luck to your girls - lots of new stuff for them this year.

m-

1:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

You know, you're starting to sound as busy as Gina! lol

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home