Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Contacts - Not with Aliens, Just My Eyes

Okay, so I go and try out contacts. After a dozen tries I'm able to put the contacts in myself. Yay me! Unfortunately I have a bit of an astigmatism. So we're trying the regular contacts first. My vision is not as good as it is with glasses. Is it the contacts? Will having the other kind of contacts be better? Is it just that I have a slightly different prescription and my eyes need to adjust? If it's not better in two weeks, then when I go in for the re-chedck, I'll try the contacts for the astigmatism. Cause this is driving me crazy. I don't want contacts bad enough to live with slightly blurry eyes. I'd rather wear glasses.

And speaking of glasses, just bought Aly a new pair. I hate that our insurance company doesn't help out with the cost of glasses. $220 for glasses with anti-glare. And that was with 50% off the lenses. Yikes. Hopefully they'll be in before Aly goes off to school on September 3rd. Only 13 more days! We need to finish going over her packing list and see what she needs for school, yet.

Jacquie is considering going to school full-time starting in January. Which would mean that she can be back on our health insurance. Guess her next step is to start saving money to pay for next semester! :-)

Jacquie is starting the Fall semester next Monday. So, in a short time I will have both my girls in college. Wow. I don't feel old enough for that. lol

Okay, gotta get one of the girls to take a picture of me sans glasses this evening. Will post that tomorrow. Gotta go work on list of things that need to get done this week. Including getting Aly her I.D., Jacquie her school books, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home