Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ooh La La!


Look what arrived from FedEx while I took Jacquie to buy her books for school! I have a very special friend named Frances. She's 2.5 years old and I had the priviledge of taking care of her when she was little. We still see each other regularly - she's like a niece to me. We do lots of fun things together including shopping and going to McDonalds. And making music. One of her favorite things!

This ring represents the two of us - the emeralds are me and the amethyst is Frances, kinda like I'm hugging her. I'm just so tickled about the ring! And what makes it extra special is that I'll be babysitting her this evening and the ring arrived today. So it's perfect. Everyone can see the ring! :-) I'm going to try to remember my camera today so that I can get some new Frances pics. Maybe even get her mom to take a picture of the two of us together. :-)

I'm avoiding the rest of my Pennsic clean-up activities. I really do need to get those done. And the last two loads of laundry. Especially since I need to do some sewing. I need to fix up my Roman garb, then make some Russian garb. It's coming up with a pattern for the Russian stuff that's got my brain ticking away. As well as the hat. My colors will be blue and black with silver. I plan on doing some of the trim for it on my inkle loom, so that why I need to get the pattern and sewing started fairly soon. Only 37 days left till Coronation. I'm hoping to make Chris an outfit as well, something using the same blue as I will use for the coat, but with a yellow shirt for him maybe? I don't know. Just thinking about things. I did find a cool website with some pictures of Scythian and Hopliltes re-enactment stuff. http://www.4hoplites.com/Scythian%20Photos.htm

Well I better get some lunch, figure out what the girls can make for dinner, do some laundry and put away stuff. Oh joy......

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

How pur-ty...

Hope you have a great weekend!

HUGS,
me

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home