Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Whatta weekend!


Whew! Whatta weekend we had! Busy is one word for it. Saturday was spent getting last minute things done. Sunday, we took Aly off to WestConn (Western Connecticut State University). That was interesting. Aly has a nice room, not too small at all. And her room-mate is very nice. We got her all unpacked and imagine this - she has room to bring more stuff! Right now the girls are in bunk beds, but I think they'll be separating the beds. The campus is small, which is good for Aly's feet (she has EBS, a condition that causes blistering on her feet from walking). We stayed and had dinner with Aly before heading home. People have asked me if I was going to cry. No, no tears. But that night I had a moment of mini panic, "Aly's not in her bed!" I'm just so excited for her that she gets to experience something that Chris nor I got to experience. The living on campus. And now we have two girls in college. I don't feel old enough to have two college aged kids!

I need to make some thai tea. Definitely need some tea. :-)

Monday we were little worker bees in the morning. We de-weeded the front slope. Then attacked the gardens next to the driveway. Chris dug a new garden in the backyard (the other side of the fence from the driveway) and he transplanted the daisies. I got rid of the weeds and all other plants from the driveway gardens (except for the one lilac bush). I need to get some estimates on having the driveway paved through that area. It's the only flat part of our entire driveway and we want to be able to put both cards up there in the winter time. And while Chris finished transplanting the daisies, I weeded the gardens across the back of the house. Go us!

By the time that was all done, I was feeling like crap. My throat is sore, sinus headache, tired. So we stayed home (had thought about going to L&J's for the afternoon). Then my wonderful husband ran out to Home Depot and bought a new back door and installed it. He is da bomb! He needs to re-hang the door trim tonight and it will be beautiful! I'll take a pic to show.

I worked on trim for my new purple coat. 2 sets of it are now done and I've started on the 3rd one. Still need to buy yellow linen for the dress and make the trim for that.

Did I mention that I still feel like crap today? Sore throat, headache is worse, having a hard time getting going today. I think I will go make some tea and work on some long over-due thank you cards. :-) And maybe sing about Cow Tippin' or putting lime in the coconut. la la la

2 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well - all that work in the garden must have some effect on you.

Congratulations about your two beautiful daughters getting a higher education. You and Chris did a great job raising your girls.

Get feeling better soon.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Michel. :-)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home