Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Birka, Birka, Birka


Looking at this picture of me, I notice two things. One, I totally need new glasses. And two, I need to get back to Curves. lol I think I have this asthma cough under control. At least under control enough to go work out. :-)

That's me all dressed for Birka. Gina wore the same thing: black dress and the jacket. We need to get Jenness a black linen dress and then all four of us will have to hit an event all decked out! :-) I really do love the jacket.

What made Birka so much fun this year?

- Seeing friends! Especially seeing Khavi and Fa'el! Wish we could've spent more time with them.

- Seeing the look of Demi's face when she was called into Court to receive her Queen's Order of Courtesy! Priceless. "Oh, that's right, YOU were the other reason why we had to be in court." But I'm a bit of a court junkie and love to sit through Court.

- Haus Circle. 70+ friends and family all joined together in this massive circle of love and friendship to share special times.

- My husband taking on his first squire on the second anniversary of his knighting. Max is a terrific kid and we just love him! He makes an excellent addition to our little "family". I made Max's squire belt with my inkleloom and even made household favors for Domus Variana. They look pretty good if I do say so myself. :-)

- YUCCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- We missed Eilis. :-(

- Buying stickers that are nearly identical to our tattoos! I've already put some on my van. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow.

Uh oh. I have to stop writing now. I've got a migraine starting and can't see properly anymore. I hate migraines. They totally suck. At least I get a bit of warning and can get some meds going before the heavy pain starts. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home