Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 - A New Year, New Hopes


I can't believe I have written in days. Been meaning to write.

Christmas was wonderful. Nice and quiet with just the four of us. A little bittersweet, it was our first Christmas without Fergie. :-( He was always so much fun at Christmas - he loved playing in the wrapping paper. We had lots of gifts to open! Highlights of the gifts are: Jacquie got a sewing machine and lots of Tinkerbell stuff, Aly tons of books, Chris lots of Chelsea stuff and I got books, cds, dvds and a quesadilla maker! Oh and our game for this year was Totally 80s Trivial Pursuit. Aly did a lot of baking leading up to Christmas. I didn't make a single cookie this year. I enjoyed the break. :-)

The rest of the week was spent taking it easy - doing a bit of this and that. On the Wednesday I picked up Dresden and we went shopping at Christmas Tree Shops and JoAnns. It was very nice! Jacquie came, too. I would've enjoyed it more if I didn't have cramps from H E double hockey sticks. That was not fun at all.

On Saturday, Aly and I drove down to Heather's house in PA and spent the day with her to celebrate her birthday. :-) We even treated her to Japanese for dinner. It was yummy of course! And we did a little shopping at Dick Blicks. I picked up something for Jacquie's birthday. :-) And Keith (Heather's husband) totally ROCKS!!!! He's getting her the Luttrell Psalter Facsimile for her birthday. I'm so happy for her! And jealous. Excited that someone I know will have the facsimile. So at least I can look at it. :-) I'm dying to see what's on each page.

Saturday evening found us on the road again and heading to Fygen and DeVos' house for the New Year's Weekend. Aly and I had a FABULOUS time! Chris joined us Sunday afternoon (he got a ride down with Fia and Matthew). We played games, ate lots of yummy food, drank good booze, laughed, chatted and crafted! Yes, crafted. A group of us ladies spent the afternoon and evening crocheting and working on projects. :-) Different, not old lady stuff. Okay, mine was normal - I was working on a scarf. Mind you it was alpaca wool. Lovely stuff to work with. Others were learning crocheting, some were working on tassel belts, or muppet hair, or muppet skirts. Definitely different from how we normally spend our New Year's Eve, but we had a blast! (Our normal NYE consists of eating appetizers for dinner and watching two new movies then watching the ball drop.) Fygen and DeVos are fabulous hosts. :-)

Looking back at 2006, it had so many ups and downs. I got a tattoo, enjoyed having some friendships turn into something special (check out this: http://estore.websitepros.com/1397876/Detail.bok?no=2350 it says it all), did two weeks at Pennsic, Aly graduated from high school, etc. Then it had downs. Marriages breaking up, runs of bad luck for so many friends, plus an unexpected death. I just hope that 2007 holds lots of good things. So much that it outweighs the bad stuff. :-)

Did you make a New Year's Resolution? Mine this year is to send out birthday and anniversay cards. I've gotten bad the last couple of years of forgetting or not bothering. But I need to get back to it. And of course the usual resolution to get heathier and be better organized. :-) So what is your New Year Resolution? (I can think of one for Gina!)

Well, it's bedtime for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Well...are you going to tell me??

11:39 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a great photo of the girls!

Happy New Year!!!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Gina, I'm surprised that you didn't guess what I think would be a good new year's resolution! Why, it's to say no more often! lol And mean it. :-)

hee hee!

L

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home