Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas is Coming!!!!


Christmas 1970. Look at those fabulous Christmas presents I received! A brand new DeeDee doll, but still unable to give up the dirty dingy one. lol It's actually a Drowsy Doll and when you pulled her string she said a phrase. (And a few years ago my mom gave me another new DeeDee doll, cause the first two are long gone.) What else did I get that year? A plaid kitchen set - toaster, dishes and pots. Can you tell it was the 70s? lol We even had a cardboard fireplace! Ahhh, the good life! :-)

Earlier this week I found this delicious deal at Travelocity - a one week cruise around the Hawaiian Islands for $459 per person. And even better was tickets to Hawaii for only $408 round trip! Unfortunately it was for in January and Chris is just too busy at work to go. :-( A great big ugh. So, back to the drawing board in finding that special trip to take as a late 20th anniversary present. We have a few ideas - go to Cancun and stay at an all-inclusive resort. Go to Grand Cayman Islands and stay in a condo. Or go to Florida for a week. So, lots to think about and plan.

Last of the Christmas cards are going out today. That makes a total of 69 cards. And a large majority of them were homemade. The house is decorated. The yard is decorated. Nearly all of the presents are wrapped. Time to get caught up on cleaning and doing some scrolls. :-) Oh and bake some cookies. :-)

Ahhhh, it's 2 p.m. and I'm still in my pjs. Guess I should get dressed, do a few errands and make dinner. Take Aly back to school. Then I need to get caught up on emails! Way behind on those again. :-P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd recommend Playa del Carmen over Cancun. I hear it's built up tremendously over the years, so it's not the quaint, beach-side town it was when Jay and I were there in the mid 90's. But it must still be nicer, IMO, than Cancun. A little less like a tropical Niagara Falls (though you can still hit the Senior Frogs). The beach went on for miles, there are loads of shops you can stroll through and restaurants to suite all tastes. You can take the ferry over to Cozumel for the day or you can take one of the excursions from the bus station to local points of interest such as Tulum, Chichen Itza, or Xcaret where you can swim with the dolphins. The town is small and easily walkable. It's about an hour south of Cancun, along the "Maya Riviera" - and there are all-inclusive resorts there, if that is the sort of thing you are interested in. And make sure you see Apocolypto before you go.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh thanks for the ideas, Rhonda! It's kinda overwhelming - trying to figure out what to do for this trip. It's just too bad the Hawaii thing couldn't work out. :-P That's been my dream vacation since I was 10 years old. I even did a research paper on Hawaii when I was in the 6th grade. lol

L

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home