Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another Flashback Picture


This picture is from around Christmas 1989. It might even be early January 1990. Aly is nearly 1 1/2 years old and Jacquie is about to turn 3 years old. That Christmas, McDonald's was selling three Christmas muppets - Miss Piggy, Kermit and Fozzie. They might have sold more, but that's all the girls ever got. We still have a "santa" hat from a Kermit kicking around - it was actually in the box of Polly Pocket box that Magnolia was playing with last weekend. :-) I crocheted the blanket on Jacquie's bed. I was very proud of that blanket. It had a large J made out of squares in the middle. Aly got a matching blanket a few months later with the letter A on it. Look at how little the girls look playing in the middle of a twin bed. *sigh* Now, Aly is almost 18 1/2 years old and Jacquie is about to turn 20!

Today was interesting. Drive to Rhode Island for Bridge Birthday. Visited with folks. Had dinner at Foxwoods with Dinsdale and Shiro. :-) Now we're home again and I need to stay awake long enough to go get Jacquie from work at midnight. I might start wrapping some presents. I have stuff that needs to go in the mail next week. Think I'll be-bop over to UPS to mail the packages instead of the post office.

I'm jealous - Heather, Keith and the kids were going out for oriental dinner, then going to see Happy Feet. I hope they ahve a good time! Jacquie and I might go see Happy Feet this week. :-) It looks like a fun movie.

Oh well, off to do some wrapping. Or maybe I'll play a little Sims2 first.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home