Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Scan Slides? What Was I Thinking?


I started scanning the slides yesterday. Oh good gravy! What was I thinking? Sure I could get them scanned and made into slideshows and burn them on to DVD for the weekend of November 17th. NOT! Approximately 50 wheels, holding up to 100 slides each. Plus at least 15 trays holding up to 36 slides. Then there are all the little boxes of slides. Easily have 6,000 slides. Not all will be scanned - blurry ones, slides where the pics are nearly identical, etc. Yesterday it took me about 6 hours throughout the day to scan and edit 105 slides. Things will go a lot faster for me now that I've worked out the kinks. This morning I scanned 27 slides while reading my emails and checking my daily stops on the web. So about 30-ish minutes. Still have to edit them, though.

The picture above is my mom's parents on the left, my mom in pink and my dad. Taken sometime in late 1967 - that little belly bump you can see on my mom is me! :-D

It's been cool seeing pictures of family that I haven't seen in awhile. Then of course there are all of the people who I have no f-ing clue who they are! lol I've decided that I am going to get as much done as I can - even if its just scanning 30 slides a day. Whatever is done by November will be made into a slideshow. I'll just have to keep plugging away at this...one day at a time...

*sigh* I need to get out more often. Not today though. Today is clean the house and run to Walmart for black thread and black and white material. Is it really Friday? This week has been a blur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home