Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm Tired, Are you Tired?



I don't know what's up, but man am I tired today. Just too many late nights, I guess. :-P

Here's a nice picture of Eilis, me, Varus and Dugan at Coronation Feast. We had a great time! Gotta love that Parrot Bay and OJ! lol

After all that build up for Coronation, I've been slow to get going on stuff this week. I did get a lot done today though. Laundry - done. Summer clothes packed up - done. Get caught up on LadyClodagh emails - done. Sort through Christmas presents - done. Re-box Papa's slides - done. Watch the new episode of lost. Done. Forget to watch Project Runway - awwww man! I missed it! And it was the re-cap show. I'll have to look and see when it will be on again. Probably one day this weekend.

Projects that need to get done the soonest - a scroll and making Queen's favors. I'm hoping that Jana will be home next Wednesday evening. This way hubby can do fight practice and I can visit with Jana. :-D Oh and I can deliver the scroll and the favors.

Next on the list of things to do - finish gathering up the Christmas gifts. I shop all year long, picking up gifts whenever I find the perfect thing and it's on sale or clearance. :-) I am such a bargain hunter. The reason for sorting everything out was to put the gifts into boxes for each family group (my in-laws, friends, family in Wisconsin, etc.) and then I could see who I have left to buy/make/bake for. We're going to western NY/Canada in mid November, so everything going there has to be done before we head up.

Now that I've gotten the slides put into smaller boxes (instead on one GIANT box), I can bring one box at a time into the office and start scanning the slides. My scanner can do slides - and does a pretty good job. Then, I'll create DVD slideshows of the pictures. That's going to be part of my Christmas gift to family if I can get it done. I've been meaning to do it for a few years now. I also have 8mm films to get onto videotape. I wish I had a digital camcorder, or knew someone with one so that I could tape the 8mm films then save them on to the computer and create DVDs. I really need to get the 8mm stuff onto video or DVD pretty soon. The tape is getting so brittle. I wish I had the money to pay to get it done. Last time I looked into it, it was going to cost me at least $125 to do it. So, I will do it myself. Videotaping the films, then making video tape copies.

I also want to get going on my sampler project. And Michel has given us a new project. Due at Spring Coronation. It seems pretty interesting. :-) Of course, I might be whining about it in the months to come! lol

What else I can I talk about? I have 15 minutes to waste till I have to go pick up Jacq from work.

Oh, I know what I forgot that I have to start doing - yard work and decorating for Halloween. That's one of our projects for this weekend. :-) Rake the leaves, burn branches and decorate the outside for Halloween. Work and fun at the same time.

Okay, I can't think what else to write. Guess I'll go surf the web for the next 13 minutes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home