Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

One of My Wishes Has Come True

Now if only that wish had included £295 + shipping from the U.K.! If I was to ask you, what would be the one manuscript that I would want to see a facsimile made of, would you know the answer? *deep sigh* I discovered today that there has been a limited number of Luttrell Psalter facsimiles made!!! And all it costs is £295! One of my biggest wishes is that they would make a facsimile of it. And they finally did it! Several years ago I was lucky enough to see a facsimile of the Book of Kells and that was very impressive. But to see, touch and possibly even own a facsimile of the Luttrell Psalter? Ohmigawd. I can't imagine it.

I did discover this neat little contest, though.
http://www.bl.uk/newsletters/whatsonnewsletter.html

In the blue column, you will see a competition to win one of the facsmiles. It ends on December 4, 2006. I looked for rules and regs, but couldn't find any, so hopefully U.S. citizens are allowed to play. :-D Can you imagine if I won? Holey Moley Batman, I'd be on Cloud Nine!!!!

Well, I better go to bed. I've got nasty sinus pressure and am just waiting for the drugs to kick in. Ahhh, the joys of a cold!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

WOW!!!! You need to start a Lautrell fund...have a bake sale or something!!! I'd bake some stuff to donate =)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home