Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'm Sick

This has been a week of the blahs. No motivation to do anything. I did drag myself off to babysit Frances on Monday and Wednesday evenings. And I had fun. :-) But of course that sweet little darling has given me her cold. Sore throat, runny nose, mild fever, headachey and little achy. And what do we not have in the house? No Dayquil and no Nyquil. Ugh. Guess I'll be running out to get some later today. Need the energy to get a shower and get my clothes from the laundry room. What a perfectly blah way to end the week. Oh and did I mention that I'm babysitting Frances again this evening? Gotta have meds before then. Need my energy to keep up with her. :-)

I did finish making 17 Queens Favors this week and picked up more supplies to make some more. And did a Silver Crescent scroll. And spent HOURS looking up stuff for the Castle project that Michel assigned us. I can find lots of info on castles, just not enough on what would be found in the castles. Jenness suggested that I go to school with Jacquie and see what they have - our public library is being renovated and they have crap for books anyways. I did discover something that I would like to learn how to do - Sprang. It's a form of weaving/braiding. Now if only I could prove it was used in Ireland or England! So, the plan is to go with Jacquie to her college library this week and see what they have in their stacks.

Okay, I'm going back to bed for a while. Maybe I can get one of the girls to make me some soup in a little while. Yeah right. That's real funny. Ha ha ha......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home