Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Kinda Done


You are looking at my sorta finished garb for Coronation. The green dress I've had for ages (it's a little snug, but with wearing the coat, it looks okay). It was trim on the wrists and around the bottom, with garnets and pearls sewn on as accents. I think it works well with the purple coat. I need to make some purple pants to wear underneath. I've ordered a dark green veil from eBay, which should work well. However I don't have a headpiece to wear it with and not sure how to make one. Ooh and the necklace I can't wait to show off! We were at an antique shop the other weekend and we found this necklace. It's gold with purple glass "jewels" hanging from the diddly bobbers and the big medallion has purple glass in it with a romanish archer and cupid etched into it. It's beautiful!

So, other than making pants and making some sort of headpiece, I'm set. But I do plan on making some scythian garb, here are some of the pics I've been inspired by:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/hausvdk/album/
576460762308075624/photo/294928803012348696/1

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/hausvdk/album/
576460762308075624/photo/294928803012338929/5

http://www.4hoplites.com/Scythian%20Photos.htm

http://www.4hoplites.com/Scythians.htm

Plus some books at home. So, I've got some thinking to do and planning on how to do this next set of garb. It's really appealing to me. Not sure why. Maybe it pulls at my Khazarian heartstrings (my previous personna was Khazarian). And I even want to embroider on the garb! Me, embroider. I can't believe it.

But before I can work on that, I have a couple of projects to do, plus work on some scrolls. One project I have to have done for this weekend. Michel is probably going to shake her head at me. lol

Well, I've got to go do some sewing and cleaning. Always with the cleaning. What's up with that? Of course, since a certain person is coming to my house tomorrow to visit, my husband has his knickers in a twist that everything be done! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

It looks fabulous with that underdress!!!! I love the trim and can't wait to see the necklace up close. :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Michel said...

(shakes head)

You are amazing.

If you plan on stopping by Jana's on Saturday - I can help you make a hat - I am getting fairly good at it. Also, I think Jana has made a few hats in the last week - I bet we can get her to help LOL.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home