Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Isn't She Cute?


Okay, so last week I posted a picture of Aly as a baby, so today it's a picture of Jacquie at 6 1/2 months old. Not that you can see all of her, but Jacquie is actually standing on her own. She crawled to the coffee table, and pulled herself to standing. At 6 1/2 months old. That should've been our first clue that she was too precocious! She was scooting along the furniture by 7 months and took her first steps at 8 1/2 months old. Running at 9 months, climbing anything and everything shortly after that. At 13 months, she climbed out of the crib. Over the tall end. Can you imagine how that child ran me ragged? :-) Oh and did I mention that by the time Jacquie was 9 months old I was pregnant with Aly? All I can say is thank goodness I was young! :-) But, man, was she a funny kid! She'd make the funny faces, did all kinds of kid tricks, plus made up her own words for things. Fockel = pacifier Dadoo = hot dog Beeboo = Big Bird My poor brother wasn't called Uncle Mark, no, my daughter called him, Boy. As in, "Boy, get me a drink." "Boy, help me get that cookie." The little boss. Ahh the memories. :-)

So this week has been quiet. Been feeling a bit blah. Not getting enough stuff done. But I am getting stuff done. Surprisingly, more than I thought I'd be getting done.

Aly is settling into her first week of college. Her feet are in real bad shape, though. She's not happy about that. She plans on sticking around her dorm this weekend and not doing much walking and hoping that her feel start to heal up. Jacquie and I popped down for a quick visit this morning to take her 2 boxes of stuff, plus to run her to Target to get a pair of slippers (it hurts too much to even walk to the bathroom in her socks and putting on shoes hurts wayyyy too much). I hope she's feeling better!

This weekend we've got big plans. I need to start working on some scrolls, finish up making some inkle loom trim, as well as make my dress. While I do that stuff, Chris is going to be making my cupboard in my office. Build the cupboard doors, plus the shelves for over top of it. And on Sunday we're fixing a mini patio in the backyard. Like I said a busy weekend ahead of us. :-) Maybe even get a start on cleaning up the basement so that we can get some stuff done in there by the oil company.

I better go get some dinner before it's all gone......

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I hope Aly is doing well. Tell her I'm thinking of her. Thanks for my card too! I loved it!!

I too need to get a move on
-scrolls
-Coronation project
-more scrolls
-homework

aah...does it ever end?

Miss ya! See you soon!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

It helps that we talk to Aly every day. Gotta love cell phones and IM! And Jacquie is still home. Kinda weird having only one of them at home though.

Gina, don't even start making a list of things to do before Coronation! Ugh! I have so much to do.....

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home