Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's Purple



Yup, it's purple. It's the coat that I made to wear at Coronation. Not sure if I'm happy with the trim on it. I'm thinking of taking it off and doing a small trim.

Something about it makes me think of a sheperd's costume in a play. lol It's supposed to look somewhat like the green coat in the other picture. I still need to make a dress to go under it. Hoping to get that done this week and make the trim for that. That dress is a yellowy-beige color. It will look fab with the purple coat. It's just figuring out the trim. I also want to make a black coat and trim it with fur - I found some fake bear fur that would look great. My big dilemma is what to do for a hat. I'm thinking of making the "smurf" hat that the Scythian's wore instead of the veil and big headdress similiar to what is in the pic above. I really want to make the black coat, make a matching hat and do all the embroidery on it. But there are just wayyyyyyyyy too many projects to do before Coronation to do that. So, instead I'll do that for another event. Maybe Crown?

Today will be a busy day - I've got a ton of things to do around the house. Dishes, laundry, cut the grass, trim the bushes, maybe start burning some of the branches, plus some other cleaning. Oh what fun. :-P

Today I've been listening to a mix of 70's/early 80s stuff, plus some Motown. Right now it's The Tracks of My Tears. I love Smokey Robinson's voice. *sigh* The other week I caught a little bit of Celebrity Duets on Fox and was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY when Smokey Robinson and Lucy Lawless sang together. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waokVpEvWKk

Watch it through to the end to hear the judges comments. This is a show that I could get hooked on watching. Of course, that would mean that I would have to remember that it's on and watch it. lol

Time for lunch and *gasp* cleaning......

3 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

Love the coat - don't forget to make the slippers - that is my favorite part of this outfit.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm torn between wearing these little gold shoes I have and my boots. Because in my mind, I keep taking that outfit and working with the outfit wear the couple are wearing the brown coats and the hats. Plus some other stuff I've been researching. I'm just in a state of confusion over what I want/should do. lol

8:48 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oooohhhh, I love it!
Thanks for the visual. I needed that! I've cut out mine, and just finished the key-hole neckline. Now I can put the rest together. I'll post a picture when I can. :)

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home