Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's the Chrsitmas Season!


My holiday season got started on Saturday with Frances when we went to see Santa at WestFarms mall. :-) The "santa" area is decorated with giant snowglobes and Happy Feet (the new penguin movie). Very cute. Unfortunately the big snowglobe wasn't "snowing" something is wrong with the mechanism and it wouldn't "snow". Which was too bad. Last year, Frances was completely mystified and in awe about the snow. This year, she played with the "snow" on the ground, throwing it in the air and giggling. :-) Of course by the time we went to see Santa, she was solemn and serious. No smile from that kid. She didn't even acknowledge Santa except to say thank you and good bye. lol Too funny. At least I didn't have to sit with Santa this year. :-)

Thanksgiving we went to New Jersey and spent the day with Joe, Jenness, her parents, Joe and Carol (also known as Pop and Nana) and her grandmother Lillian. (I hope I got her name right!) We had a FABULOUS time. It was quite the lovely day. Jenness and Mom made some DELICIOUS food. Oh, we ate wayyyyyyy too much. But it was soooo good. *sigh*

I'm on a mission. At Curves we had a three week pedometer challenge. I'm on team 5 - there are 10 people on a team and we're trying to get our best steps in. I personally challenged myself to get 220,000 steps - basically 10,000 steps averaged for 22 days, the length of the challenge. Well, I didn't stick to that and got some really low days. Bad me! Yesterday I figured out that if I did 23,280 steps on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I would hit my goal of 220,000 steps. Yesterday I got in 25,103 steps!!!!! Go me! Today, my goal is to hit 30,360 steps. Ambitious. Crazy maybe. But I'm going to try for it. If I hit it it, my goal for tomorrow will only be 14,000 steps. That averages to about 2,000 steps an hour for 15 hours. Doable. Crazy but doable. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

So does this mean you're coming back to the City?

LOL =)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Sure, I'll go back to the City to walk around. Only this time I'll wear GOOD shoes that fit properly. Ouch!

L

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home