Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Fleurs Hit NYC!!!!


What a weekend! And I have the sore feet to prove it! :-) Friday evening we gathered at Gina's condo for a late dinner and some laughter. it adds the best sauce to any meal. :-) Saturday morning we headed into New York City - first stop was The Cloisters. I could've stared at the handful of manuscripts and the playing cards for a couple of hours. *sigh* One of these days I'll get a chance to study some manuscripts again. The Cloisters is very interesting - and I look forward to visiting again, when the gardens are all in bloom. :-) (And of course, we did some shopping - I got three new books on manuscripts and illumination!)

Next stop - finding a park spot, then heading for the subway. Making our way through Times Square and going to lunch at St. Andrew's Restaurant and Pub. Bangers and Mash - yum!!!! More walking and heading off to the Pierpont Morgan Library. That was a disappointment. It's beautiful in there and very fresh feeling. However all the manuscripts had been put away on Tueday! Oh no! Luckily they were very gracious and refunded us our fee. :-)

More walking involved. Another subway ride and we were at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We definitely need to dedicate a day at the Met. We were just too tired to really explore much. But that didn't stop us from shopping. Oh no, never too tired to shop! :-)

Back to Gina's place for more giggling, a late supper, more giggles and then four tired fleurs climbed into bed and slept.

Did I mention that Gina made us lots of YUMMY food? Including fried plaintain for breakfast and this delicious fruit salad made with almond gelatin. (Did I get that right Gina? What's the name of it?) Thank you Gina for the wonderful food!!! :-)

It was hard to get moving today. We sat around all morning just chatting. *sigh* I miss them already.

Want to know what the first thing Jacquie asked me after asking if we had good time? Did you get a tattoo???? :-D Get one tattoo and the kid thinks every time we get together I'll get another tattoo. lol

Now I'm off to finish working on the photos I took this weekend....

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What a great trip!!!!
I love the time with my sisters, even though I always get my ass kicked!!! I slept like the dead last night! :)

Your pictures are great! I hope those little piggies are feeling better!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Michel said...

I am so glad you all had a wonderful time. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone very soon.

M

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home