Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Arts Blog



I'm changing this blog to be my Arts blog, at least until I can get a website up and running.


My latest project? recreating folio 196 recto of the Luttrell Psalter Facsimile. I've attached two pictures. The first picture is of my attempt at recreating. The second pic is from the original page in the facsimile. The colors are off because of the lighting for taking both pics. If we ever get a sunny day again, I will take the pictures again.



Last Saturday, Demi and I went to St. Eligius's A&S Tourney in Dragonship Haven. It was a nice little event. We really enjoyed ourselves. :-) And it was a great event for getting our feet wet with doing A&S competitions. And winning Baron's Choice for the above artwork, was just the icing on my cake! Totally took me by surprise!!!!!!!!!!!! I was over the moon. :-) And I won a lovely set of handmade feast gear. :-) Gotta love that! Of course, my documentation was a bit lacking, but I know where to improve for my next comp. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home