Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Monday, February 19, 2007

We're Going Green

I can't believe that I am doing this. I really can't. I'm going to paint my kitchen and sitting room green. I figure if I can't live with it, then in a year or so I'll paint it. My kitchen colors are blue and yellow. Yellow and blue. Not green. Nor pink, orange or purple. *sigh* I'm willing to give it a try.

So this week, I've got to bust my butt and finish a scroll, deliver it to TRM and work on the kitchen. That means removing everything from the walls, filling holes, sanding, cleaning the walls. Even going to try my hand at priming certain areas of the walls. Then, lots of blue tape and painting the walls. Much to my husband's chagrin. He is THE PAINTER. No one else can come close to his level of excellence. But his back hurts too much to do the painting. And if the kitchen goes well, I'll do the sitting room next.

Speaking of the husband, he's at el doctoro to talk about his back. He wants to try physio before going back to the surgeon. Keep fingers crossed that the physio works!

I better go do the callig on this scroll. Then it's doing the gilding. Tomorrow I paint. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

Green is such a calming color - I am sure it will look amazing.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home