Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Scibal Life.......


Sometimes, as much as I love it, Spring just sucks. Laura no like headaches. Spring brings lots of weather changes = Laura gets lots of headaches. Not fun. So, I kept putting off working on two scrolls. You know how you tell yourself, it's okay, you have lots of time to finish those scrolls. Then came the email. Basically, it was a communication mix-up from last Fall, so in addition to the two scrolls I needed to finish for Last Court at Coronation, I was scrambling to make a County scroll that needed to be finished and put in the mail on Friday to go to Ealdormere. Okay, I can do it. I'll be scribing for HOURS every day Monday - Friday. But wait, I'm babysitting the wonder twins on Tuesday. Okay, I still can get them done. No problem. Till a mild case of food poisoning happened Tuesday night. And I was totally useless most of Wednesday. Well, then the panic set in. :-P I don't know how I did it, but I did it. I finished Caoilfhionn's scroll. Then completed Jocea's scroll's illumination. Ran off to the post office and mailed that scroll. Back home again to work on D.'s scroll. Finished it 5 minutes before Eilis and Maggie arrived Friday evening. Whewwwwwwwww. If you want to see the latest scrolls I've been working on, just click here:http://signet.eastkingdom.org/roster.php?scribe=88They're not exactly in order but the first 12 are all from June 2006 till current. I must say that I've been pretty happy with my scrolls lately. I see where I need improvement and I really need to work on my callig. Ugh. I can't believe I just said that. Calligraphy drives me crazy. But what's one more thing that drives me crazy?
So, with the crazy last week or so, I didn't get any of the projects that I wanted to do by Coronation done. I have two sock monkeys to make. Some favors to sew. A surprise for Jana and the Yooka-fans. I'm hoping to get that all done this week, plus a scroll and maybe some sewing for me. New garb. Yay!
This weekend was a lot of fun. Heather, Maggie, Joe and Jenness all stayed with us for the weekend. Being silly and having a good time. Went to Coronation on Saturday. Watched Lucan and Yana last court. I was so happy to see so many friends receive special awards. :-) So there I was sitting in court, crocheting away and when they started calling up a group of people. After about the tenth name I started to notice a pattern. What is it? What ties all these people together? Hey! They're calling up the scribes. I wonder what's up? I put down my crocheting, turn to Heather and tell her to put her sewing down that she's about to be called into Court. Sure enough, Eilis of Eisental is called up seconds later. Before long, my name and Li. After a nice speech, it was announced that the scribes of this reign were all receiving the Queen's Honour of Distinction. WOW!!!!! We were all given nifty tokens. :-) I was just tickled! :-) It was also fabulous to see Demi's face when she was called into Court with Dugan and another gentle to receive the Burdened Tyger. Eilis made Demi's scroll. :-) And it looked fabulous! After Lucan and Yana stepped down we headed outside for a group picture. While outside I took a ton of pictures! You can see them here:http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=fu3sm1j.79iw79fv&x=0&y=-lcjbxaThere is also some before Court pictures. The church was wayyyyyyyyy too dark to get any pictures and the one time I tried to change the settings on my camera it look a flash picture! Yikes, bad Clodagh, breaking the law! Anyhow I just love the random outside pictures of the crowd, looking through all the faces and catching the different expressions.
Saturday night was a let's get quietly drunk and watch funny stuff. okay, so maybe we weren't so quiet. And we found a new comedian to watch for, Rodney Carrington. okay, so he's not a new comedian, but he's new to us. Loved him! I so need to get his DVD and a cd or two. :-) I think the trip to North Carolina next month will include some of our favorite comedians on CD. :-)
Sunday, after some tearful hugs (all weekend we were fighting off tears), Jenness, Jacquie and I headed out to Affordable Fabrics. Jenness bought 50+ yards of fabric, I bought around 30. lol I plan on doing a lot of sewing in the next few months! :-) New garb for Pennsic - most of it out of linen. Gotta love that!Enough rambling from one person for one day. I need to get this day in action. I have lots of housewifey duties to fulfill (and none of them are done in bed!). Shopping, laundry, etc. Oh joy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

It was great seeing everyone at Coronation - you guys looked wonderful in your matching outfits. Great job on the scrolls!!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Michel said...

Thank you so much for letting me crash at your place Friday night - your house is simply the bomb and your hospitallity was very warm. THANK YOU!!!!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home