Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Here it is,....

So this is a picture of the pendant and earrings that I made with PMC yesterday. They look better in person. I did a quatrefoil (four petal flower) for the pendant. :-) Here is one website that sells PMC and talks about it. I have a list of websites from Elspeth, but they're tucked away right now. The "clay is made up of 90% silver powder and 10% water and organic binder. When it's fired it shrinks by about 10-12%. It think my pendant is about 1 1/4 long and 3/4 inch wide. It kinda looks like hammered silver. Gina made this cool lotus flower. Actually everyone's stuff came out really cool. And because it's clay, you create using anything you would with clay. Leave an impression from a shell, or use a rubber stamp or cookies cutters, or a knife, the possibilities are endless.

Enough of my rambling. Chris is sick so we're staying home from the regional fighter practice today. I think I will work on my messy office and try to do some more re-organizing and possibly even work ona scroll! :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

SWEET! Your pieces came out really nicely!

I had such a great time this weekend...thanks for letting me crash =)

HUGS,
G

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home