Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fool's Day



Aly from last weekend in her new Burgundian garb. She got lots of compliments on her dress, hat and shoes! I'm a very proud momma!

So, this past week I was useless. Had a combo PMS headache and the weather pressure headache for days. One day it was a migraine. Not fun. Seems to be a lot better now. Especially since I have two scrolls to get done for Coronation, plus one for Balfar's Challenge. And I want to start on my Luttrell project and do some sewing before Balfar's. And start the spring cleaning. And clean my office. And the list goes on and on.

Had a blast yesterday, though! Avelina hosted a jewelry workshop at Wishford Hall. :-) I tried my hand at lamp glass beading. Very hard on my shoulder. Fun to watch though. And I made a pendant and two earrings out of PMC. Otherwise known as precious Metal Clay. It's so cool. Looks like you're working with clay, feels like clay. Then you let it dry out and it turns creamy white. Then it's fired on this special kiln at 1300+ degrees. When it's done, it looks like a piece of fired clay/ceramic. Then you take a file and/or steel wool and sand off the composite stuff and what's left behind is the silver that was in the clay. It's sooooo cool! I wish that I had taken pics of each step. I definitely will the next time I do it! I'll try to post pics later. Something is wrong the confuser right now. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home