Laura's Thoughts and Whatnot

You got it, random thoughts and lots of whatnot.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut

I'm a homemaker who dabbles in a variety of arts, including: medieval illumination, sewing, cross-stitch, inkleloom weaving. But I also do a lot of scrapbooking. Lots.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Fleurida and Back Again...


WoW! What a week! Wednesday I drove down to Jenness' house and met her after work. That evening I was lucky enough to attend one of her belly dance classes. It was fabulous! I sooooo wish I lived close enough to join them. I want to thank everyone in the class for letting me watch the class! I can't wait for the recital to see their routine. :-)

Thursday, we were up at 3:30 a.m. to get ready to go to the Newark Airport. Heather, Barbara, Jenness and I all flew together. I slept on the plane, probably even drooled a little! :-) No problems with the luggage this year! Yay!

We did so much this year! I'm trying to think of what we did on Thursday...
- found the Italian deli, but it was super crowded and we left (never did make it back)
- found a diner for lunch
- Heather and I had a nap back at the house
- We decorated our hats for wearing at the airport to pick up Gina. Even made Gina her own hat. :-)
- Went shopping at Bells outlet clearance store. Found out it's closing. :-(
- Did some grocery shopping
- Ate dinner at Chick-fil-a
- Picked up Gina at the airport. And in the process met Billy Bohack, his friend Bob and his little brother Luigi.
- Back to the house to eat some cheese and chocolate. :-)
- watched The Sweetest Thing - unrated version (Thanks Pandora for introducing me to one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time!)
- Watching Humphrey "romance" Abby :-D

Friday included:
- a yummy breakfast bake created by Jenness and Barbara (I think)
- going to St. Pete's Beach and getting soaked by the rain.
- wanting to hit the internet cafe and dollar store, instead going to a German bakery - YUM!!!!!
- crocheting, knitting, hanging out
- eating lunch at the Athenian Garden. No Miko this year, but another waiter who was just as yummy, if not more yummy!
- more shopping
- including Zone d'Erotica!
- a very special pajama party with our friend Glo! Oh yeah, baby! And let me say, Gigi is a girls best friend!

Saturday highlights:
- hanging out at the house. Of course we were crocheting and knitting up a storm!
- going to the flea market
- eating at Athenian Garden again!

Sunday:
- having brunch with Jenny and her daughter Jacqueline :-)
- OH-MY-GOODNESS the sun is out and it's warm outside! We're going to the beach! Put down those cleaning tools and lets hop in the car ladies!!!!!
- heading back to the airport :-( to head home again. Can we say BRRRRRRRRRR?

I'm sure I'll write more as things come to me. Maybe even post some more pics. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home